Sunday 20 July 2014

Monday Made It - July 21, 2014


I'm linking up with Tara at 4th grade Frolics for Monday Made It.
Here is what I was up to last week....

Finally made it out to the strawberry farm with the family. There is a great one not too far from us that my son loves. They take you out to the fields on tractors and they also have a petting zoo and playground.
With our 3 year old in tow and my 4 month old strapped onto me, we were able to pick 4 baskets. My oldest son sampled the strawberries, more than picked them!


So after I got them home, I figured I better do something with them. I froze the majority for smoothies throughout the year, but I wanted to make sure I made a few things while they were still fresh.

Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Cake

Strawberry Jam (with no sugar or gelatin)
 

Of course we ate them as is, as well as over frozen yogurt...delicious! Nothing beats fresh picked strawberries!


I had created a set of math posters awhile back emphasizing the importance of number sense, but was never happy with the look of them. My design skills have improved since then, so I decided to play around with them a bit. They look A LOT better than the original.





If you think you could use these in your math classroom, feel free to download the set here.


Have a fantastic week!



3 comments:

  1. The strawberry farm sounds awesome & the math posters turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posters look great! Have you read Teaching Numeracy yet? Your posters made me think about that book.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara!
      No. I haven't read that one. I guess I will need to check it out!

      Delete